Different people have different needs. This article will show you how to use this fact in the online marketing activity and how to apply it on your website traffic in order to configure segments, personalize your visitors’ experience and convert them into your customers.
1.Source: You can classify your visitors using one valuable information: where did they come from? how did they arrive on your website or on your landing page? Possible answers for this questions concerning the source are:
- Web-search( e.g. : Paid Search Traffic vs Non-paid Search Traffic)
“Location” is not the same with “source”, but it refers to the actual place where your visitors do live. Why is so important to know this fact? You can personalize their experience on your website. Moreover, you can use it for the the social proof( e.g.: Bookdepository.com)
3.Behavior: There are new visitors, old visitors, visitors that spent only 5 minutes on your website, visitors that added a product in their shopping cart etc. Trail your visitors’ experience on your website in order to convince them to convert.
Another important aspect to take into consideration refers to the keywords: different users may use different keywords when searching for the same “something” that we’ve talked about in the first lines. So, the keywords will give you an idea of the psihological profile of your visitors and help you to create the right personalization strategy for each segment.
4.Results: Use statistics, collect data, measure and trail your sales in order to classify: customers, customers that buyed over 200 euros worth products, over 500 euros and so on. A lead scoring can help you to do that:
- He visited your website: 1 point
- He landed on the Product Page: 2 points
- He viewed an over 300 euros worth product: 3 points
- He landed on the Shopping Cart Page: 4 points
- He’s at his 4th visit: 5 points
- He added in his shopping cart a 100 euros worth product: 6 points
- He bought a product: 7 points
- He bought over 500 euros worth products: 8 points
- He bought more than 3 times: 9 points
- He bought products worthing over 1000 euros : 10 points
Calculate, make profiles, classify so you can personalize your visitors’ experience in order to increase your sales.
Once the segmentation is ready, YES, you can use the power of personalization!
Segment personalization can be realized based on so many elements(others that have already been mentioned above) that you may never imagined:
- Calendar( It’s St. Patricks’s Day!)
- Type of device( tablet, android,desktop etc)
- Weather( sunny, snowing, rainning, cold)
- Time pressure/Emergency( e.g.: romanian user searching for a single room in Paris on Booking.com)
Finally, little tip: Web Analytics is just showing you data about your traffic. If you don’t want to be an observer anymore, take action! Omniconvert allows you to configure and use segments with surveys, interactions, creative display and to run tests like A/B Test or Multivariate Test. Do act, don’t just look!