How to create a survey [Surveys]
You can set up surveys with Omniconvert and ask visitors for feedback on various aspects of your website. How can you do that? Simple, just login into Omniconvert and click on Surveys and then go to Create new survey
Name it and choose between 2 types of surveys Pop-up or Widget:
You can add as many questions as you like. Just write the first question into the “Question title” field, select the type of answer from the “Answer type” drop-down field and click save. You can select the question to be “required” or not.
The answers can be of the following type:
1. Small text answer : This is a single line text box without limit for characters
2. Large text answer : This is a multiple line text box without limit for characters
3. Multiple choices (check boxes ) : This option lets the visitor choose multiple answers
4. Unique choice ( radio ) : This option lets the visitor choose only one answer
5. Images: With this option you can show the visitor pictures as answers
6. Dropdown: This will show the predefined answers in a drop down mode
7. Scale: With this you can make your visitors answer questions like “How much did you like it
on a scale from 1 to 10″
8. Grid: This option will show the answers using a grid layout.
9. Net promoter score: This option is a standard question type which is the base of one of the most
important marketing KPIs, related to customer satisfaction. Read more here
After you select the answer type for your question you can apply the advanced branching logic. This feature can be applied to all the answer types. Using this system, you can direct the respondent to :
– a specific question
– to a personalized experiment
– redirect him to a specific URL
– take him to the end screen or
– close the survey.
All of them are based on the previous answer.
The next step is optional and it’s about the Lead Collector. This very useful feature can be used to collect your visitor’s details, email, name, phone number, etc. Choose whether to insert or not a lead collector at the end of the survey, after all the questions are answered. (enable/disable option):
You can insert the type of information to collect. All the leads can be sent to you via email, webhook or using a mailing list provider like MailChimp, CampaignMonitor or Freshmail:
In the “Design” section, you will see how the survey will look like and will be able to preview the work done after each design change. Here you will also be able to select the Survey Triggering Method:
It’s time to select the Texts which will be inserted in your survey. You can select from the predefined languages or insert your own version in any language you choose. In this tab, you can also add a Header to your survey, in a text format, picture, HTML etc. You can add an Intro message page or if you leave it blank, the survey will start with the first question directly. There is a place for a “Thank you” message too, also optional.
Now, choose the “Audience“. At first, you must “Manage the pages where you want to run the survey“.
In order to do that you can select from different conditions for the URL :
1. URL is: Using this the survey will run only on the exact page introduced in the value field next to the condition
2. URL is not: Using this the survey will run on all the other pages but the one introduced in
the value field next to the condition
3. URL starts with: With this condition, the survey will run on all the pages that have an URL
which starts with the same value as inserted in the value field
4. URL ends with: The survey will run on all the pages that have an URL which ends with the
same value as inserted in the value field next to the condition
5. URL contains: Using this condition the survey will run on all the pages that contain in their
URL the same value as the one inserted in the value field
6. URL does not contain: Using this condition the survey will run on all the pages that do not
contain in their URL the value entered in the value field
7. URL RegEx: Using this you can define with RegEx the pages where you want the survey to
8. Page contains keyword: With this, the survey will run only on the pages that contain the
keyword or keywords in a small sentence/grouped format
This is an example of a product description
This is an awesome product with awesome features at half of the price of other providers.
Correct keyword to use: awesome product Not correct keyword to use: awesome providers
After you’ve done managing the pages select the “Segment” of visitors who will see the survey by clicking on the red drop-down button.
After you click on “Select a segment” window will appear. From this window, you can choose a segment that has been already created or create a new one.
In the second part of the page, you will have to select the percentage of visitors that will see the survey and how often to display it to your visitors. In this part, you can also add a maximum number of responses (once that number is reached the survey will stop) and select the devices where you want the survey to be visible.
At the end you have the option to mark it as exclusive, meaning that no other experiments/surveys will be triggered for the visitors who already viewed this one, for the time it is running.
Next, “Schedule” the survey by choosing for how long to set it live, when to be triggered to your audience and whether or not you want to receive an email when it has expired:
Last, but not least, Rename the survey, preview it before setting it live and then PUBLISH it.
That’s it! You’re ready to go!
DON’T FORGET: After each modification, made you have to wait 3-4 minutes until it will be visible in the front end.
If you prefer the video version of this text article, visit this page.