How to test an experiment live
When you are not sure how the experiment will look live, follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Audience’ tab and select ‘Segment’ – ‘New segment’:
- Get your IP from here.
- Select ‘Include’ – > ‘IP address’ -> ‘Is’ -> your IP:
Click here if you want to know more about IP address segmentation.
- Go to the ‘Traffic allocation and goals’ tab and set your traffic to be 100% to make sure that you are included in the experiment, the first time you test it:
If you want to test only how the Variation ( the version with the changes you made ) looks like, continue with the following steps:
- Set the Control to have 0% and the Variation 100% in order for the experiment to apply only the on Variation.
- Publish it.
Please keep in mind that for every change you make, you have to wait 4 – 5 minutes until it is live on the website. If after that your experiment doesn’t apply, clear your cookies.
- In order to check it out live, open a new tab in your browser and write the link where the experiment is set to run ( The one entered in the ‘Audience’ tab under ‘Manage pages’ ).
Do not forget! After you tested the experiment, change it, in order for the visitors to see it.