1. Enabling Hotjar in Omniconvert
To start tracking your experiments with Hotjar, you must activate the integration.
To do so go to your website menu and click on “Integrations”.
In the Integrations page, activate the connection with Hotjar and click save to finish.
2. Viewing your Session Recordings in Hotjar
Once you have enabled the integration in Omniconvert and started the experiment, go to your Hotjar account and:
- Click on Recordings in the left-hand menu
- You will enter in the overview of all the session recordings. On the right-hand side, you will have the option to filter them.
In that menu, you will find the option to filter based on “TAGS”. Click on that field to select the type of Omniconvert tag you wish to filter by experiment id, experiment name, variation id or variation name.
3. Viewing your Heatmaps in Hotjar
- Click on Heatmaps in the left-hand menu
- Create a new Heatmap
- Enter a name for you Heatmap and click next
- Select the number of page views you want to use and click next
- The experiment id and variation id can be found in the statistics of the experiments