With Omniconvert you can track 3 different types of goals: engagement, pageview, custom (sale, click, mouseover etc).
For engagement and pageview types, we take care of everything, you don’t need to do any kind of technical integration.
In this article, we will talk about the custom goals. A custom goal is a goal which can be triggered wherever you want but needs explicit integration.
How to create a custom goal?
After naming your goal, click ‘Save’ and wait for the snippet of code to be generated.
How to integrate a custom goal?
This is how a snippet of code for a goal implementation looks like:
- NAME – the name of the goal, as Omniconvert defines it (in the above example, ‘custom-one’).
- VALUE – its numeric value. Some goals are selling goals, so it is necessary that this parameter receives the value of the conversion (in a 12345.67 format, without a currency attached). If the conversion is void of value, the number is 0.
Good to know
- A page allows as many goals as needed. You can set up different goals, on different elements, on the same page.
- The general tracking code must be installed on each page where the conversion code is used.
- The parameter VALUE accepts negative numeric values.
- Each Custom goal you create will be automatically saved in the ‘Goals’ section so you can later use it in different experiments.