With Omniconvert you can create and track two different types of goals: pageview and custom goals (sale, click, mouseover, etc).
The page view goals allow you to track how many people viewed a
particular web page.
It is very simple to create and track one since you don’t need any kind of technical integration.
In order to create a page view goal, go to the left main menu and select Goals. Click on New Goal and the following window will appear:
All you have to do is enter a goal name, select the goal type to be Pageview, select the condition from the list and enter the URL on which you want to track the visits.
A custom goal is a goal that can be triggered wherever you want but needs explicit integration.
After naming your goal, click ‘Save’ and wait for the snippet of code to be generated.
How to integrate a custom goal?
This is how a snippet of code for a goal implementation looks like:
- NAME – the name of the goal, as Omniconvert defines it (in the above example, ‘custom-one’).
- VALUE – its numeric value. Some goals are selling goals, so it is necessary that this parameter receives the value of the conversion (in a 12345.67 format, without a currency attached). If the conversion is void of value, the number is 0.
Good to know
- A page allows as many goals as needed. You can set up different goals, on different elements, on the same page.
- The general tracking code must be installed on each page where the conversion code is used.
- The parameter VALUE accepts negative numeric values.
- Each Custom goal you create will be automatically saved in the ‘Goals’ section so you can later use it in different experiments.