When you are not sure how the experiment will look live, follow these steps:
- Go to the ‘Audience’ tab and select ‘Segment’ – ‘New segment’:
- Get your IP from here.
- Select ‘Include’ – > ‘IP address’ -> ‘Is’ -> your IP:
Click here if you want to know more about IP address segmentation.
- Go to the ‘Traffic allocation and goals’ tab and set your traffic to be 100% to make sure that you are included in the experiment, the first time you test it:
If you want to test only how the Variation (the version with the changes you’ve made) looks like, continue with the following steps:
- Set the Control to have 0% and the Variation 100% in order for the experiment to apply only the on Variation.
- Publish it.
Please keep in mind that for every change you make, you have to wait 4 – 5 minutes until it is live on the website. If after that your experiment doesn’t apply, clear your cookies.
- In order to check it out live, open a new tab in your browser and write the link where the experiment is set to run ( The one entered in the ‘Audience’ tab under ‘Manage pages’ ).
Do not forget! After you tested the experiment, change it, in order for the visitors to see it.
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.