While organizing your email marketing campaigns, you must have your set of targets and goals. It’s really frustrating to not achieve them even after spending substantial time and money on the strategies. Email marketing draws huge acclaim for being the best ROI-centric marketing platform available to brands and marketers.
- Unorganized metric tracking can be very problematic. While running your email campaign, you’ll know its success rate only if you monitor its metrics and evaluate the numbers. Without any metrics and proper tools, you cannot affirm the capability of your tactics in making prompt and informed decisions.
- Additionally, your campaign metrics would help you in designing future campaigns without repeating the same blunders. Although the first phase of identifying tools is easy, the second step is dicey. You have specific tools to measure metrics like CTA, open rates, and others.
- However, assessing each factor is a herculean task, and necessitates some understanding and knowledge of the subject line.
- Another challenge is to convert buyers and retain them. Your business products and model aren’t enough to grow and retain your customer base.
- The only way to ensure stability with regular revenue is by optimizing your content marketing funnel.
- Email marketing automation directives can help you do that. However, not grasping the email marketing hiccups from automation can cause problems.
Problems for modern marketers
Increasing the rate of customer engagement is always an issue. If your emails don’t interest your customers, they won’t engage or respond to your material. If you send your brand’s offerings to new customers without affirming their tastes, don’t expect a response.
- Customers engage only when they get relevant offerings and content. So, you need to know your target audience first. The most vital challenge before increasing the customer engagement aspect is to define the image/persona/nature of your target audience and know what they are looking for.
- You use the customer data for drawing them towards a viable sale. Send relevant emails at the right time. Customer acquisition is the next challenge. Many brands think that it’s a cakewalk to have users click on a newsletter or subscribe button. Fact is, it takes serious efforts to persuade and motivate people to buy or engage.
- You need to identify your ideal/viable customers. Next step is to formulate a customer acquisition plan. It’s pivotal to acquire new consumers for your brand’s growth. The objective of acquiring customers is to maintain a constant camaraderie, so that they return to make a purchase. It develops a long-lasting concord.
Some common challenges
You may already know subject line optimization and AI-driven segmentation, but there are a few challenges that brands and email marketers need to address. Achieving relevance through social media is paramount. You cannot cut through the puddle and flab without powerful and relevant content.
- Without creating relevance, your followers for Instagram and/or subscribers will just vigorously stop opening your emails, if you don’t use the right marketing strategy. It’s important to determine the right frequency, which differs among recipients. You have many bargain hunters that seek daily emails, while others prefer a monthly delivery and slow browse.
- Email marketers need to manage the concerned balance. It’s a tactic that’s synonymous with relevant content. Declining customer engagement over time is another marketing challenge. Email recipients are at the zenith of their responsiveness when they first subscribe. The interest declines after this period.
- As a brand, you need to sustain that interest. Marketers need to use the right tools to analyze current engagement levels and create strategies for maintaining a timely engagement. Personalized content and segmentation testing hold the key in this regard.
- Data integration and quality are also crucial. Integrating ESP data with CRM database information is customary, but strong data conventions are essential. Deliverability and rendering are the other two challenges that businesses must address.
Addressing the problems
In email marketing, you calculate emails’ delivery rate as the actual emails you deliver to the recipients’ inboxes. Next, you subtract soft and hard bounces from the net number of emails you sent by dividing that particular number by the total number of sent mails.
Your delivery rate determines its success or failure. You attract customers only when your messages land in their inbox. Settle for a 95% email delivery rate. If it goes down, it’s time to examine the reasons. Another cause of worry is low open rate.
- In email marketing, an open rate translates into the ratio of the total number of crucial/unique persons, who opened your email and the net number of delivered emails. Low open rates could be crucial if you want to get customers directly from the emails. Unqualified subscribers and zero segmenting could be the reasons.
- Low click rate is another common challenge. You calculate the number of clicks within an email, which shows the percentage or amount of opens. It’s critical to the success of your email marketing campaign. If you’ve successfully delivered your email, but your customers are yet to click on them, you’re unsure of your position.
Lack of integration and data
Data integration is currently a steep challenge for brands running email campaigns. As we inch closer towards leveraging AI and machine learning for content, segmentation, analytics, testing and auxiliary email marketing activities and processes, data becomes omnipotent.
Digital marketing endeavors that don’t feed robust, wide-ranging, relevant, reliable, and recent data into the equipment will lag behind their competitors who discern the modality and master the art of data integration.
- You don’t need to run a high-risk, explosive data integration project when and where you’re replacing and ripping off many systems. Have a vision to find a pathway.
- Inadequate tools and processes for creating emails is another challenge. Email production is complex and there are numerous spots or phases where things can crumble or even break down.
- The most successful programs implement extensive checklists for creating mail briefs for each email they create at higher rates. You need to have a year-round strong email content calendar.
You’ve many tools to help email marketers and businesses not only boost their production pathway but also add premium control measures.
Kristen Smith has been working on the importance of social media in marketing with thousands of real Instagram followers for her postings.